welcome

welcome
welcome

Tuesday 4 August 2015

SETTING GOALS... In What Way? PART 1



We are in a time when almost everyone is awaken to progress and transition, which of-course is a good thing.

Breaking new grounds, finding good space, setting pace and leading in my field is one good thing to engage in, absolutely great!

I for-one have this zeal to do better and perform above my equal.

Here i am in the field of Accounting, loving the figures; enjoying the challenge of looking for even Nigerian kobo's, as little as 0.01, 0.25, 0.02k's. 

Trying to ensure that account for the previous month is balanced before its 28th of the current month again.

Calling our Company's Account Officer, requesting for Credit advice of un-treated transactions, returned Cheques and at the-same time requesting the correct bank details from beneficiaries whose instructions where not part of those honored.

... as well as preparing the Expenditure Report which to be submitted to my Boss before deadline, as mandated by the Authority.

to mention but a few

All these I do within a time frame and with the aim of meeting set standard of the Department.

Even when sometimes I'm a little late with my report, I still try to be up and doing because I took the job with the mindset of giving my best to this organisation paying for my services. 
I might not be giving-in ALL that is outlined as part of my duty but at least I do my 'acceptable' best.

hmm... its all work and fun because i enjoy doing my job...

Progressing;
Discussing work experiences with a few other people who also work with the Account Department in their various organisation,with a mind of learning one or two things from them as well, that will also be of use to me. Well, I got a shocking 'other' view to GOAL SETTING and meeting set target from two among this group of people i intend to learn from.

A lady(Chattered Accountant) said she has always had an ambition of becoming the CEO someday and she is pursuing this goal in the present Organisation that she works with . 

When asked how she plans to go about it and what she is doing, 
she said: 
' I have dedicated myself to this course and so i study my superiors and try to get them notice me.'
(wow! I thought for a while; why not just do your job and prove yourself true and capable, by the result you present instead of doing the eye-service, 'notice me now' thing? anyway... i continued in listening). 
She also said;
' I discover I am not interested in the job description but I just know I have a dream of becoming the CEO.'
( I thought again: how can one become the CEO without knowing how to do the job?)...

A man who was part of the discussion also cheeped this in; 

'to be a leader, you must learn the politics of the Organisation and play along...'
( I had another hmm.. going on in my head)... to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment