welcome

welcome
welcome

Monday 11 April 2016

BEYOND RECOGNITION

I was at a wedding and sitting next to me was this lady, all made_up and looking extra good. She smiled at me and said hello, I returned the gesture but I was kinda contemplating if I knew her from anywhere because apart from the fact that her face actually looked familiar, she was looking at me like one who was expecting something more.

She continued her greetings, as she asked futher:

"hello! How are you doing, how is this and how is that? 
 Hope u are good and bla...bla...bla... this young lady was all out at me.

Then again, she noticed I was just there and the "hello" i said was okay for me, since I wasn't sure if she was somebody I knew or she's just being friendly because we were sitting close to each other.

Few minutes later, after she noticed I did not reciprocate( i guess), she said: 

" why are you acting cold towards me?" 
My response: "oh dear! I'm good and hope you are too but can i ask a question? please don't pick offence; have we met anywhere before now?"
She: "yes sure! & do You mean to ask that question or you are only acting up?"
My response: "My question is intentional dear, pardon me"

And so she said: oh! maybe you can't recognize me because of something. 
My response: "My guess".

Next, she brought out her phone and began to slid pictures of herself to me. All of a sudden I released she was someone I actually know... and so, I was like: 
"OMGeeeee!"
I know you, how is everything going with you and where have you been all the while....

Meanwhile, inside, I was asking myself: Joy, how come you couldn't recognize someone you know?
And then I realized Why.
It is because she had her face so made-up, so much that her makeup was' face transforming'. 

Why couldn't i recognize her? Not my fault.



Well... after all said and done, I have just this to say:
Its good to always look your best no doubt about it but, your best should not be an exit door to your 'person'. 


Sometimes the make-up material is a useful item for most ladies (some guys too...lol) but puleeeease! do not go over the board looking like an Art board or a Scientific experiment, especially if its an outdoor event.
what ever you do, DO NOT LOOSE YOUR IDENTITY

Important! 
please when next you meet someone you know in an event and the person is not relating with you as they would usually do or you expect them to, please and please do not pick offense or conclude that they are pretending not to know you.
First, take a deep breath, relax and check if you sat too long in front of your mirror that morning.

cheerz

1 comment: