welcome

welcome
welcome

Thursday 30 April 2015

WHO YOU ARE Vs WHAT YOU DO


I never thought of this until i had a chat with a friend of mine who happens to be a lawyer...

She said to me "joy, I would always want people to meet 'the' 'me' first before they know my profession"

E.g- people should know and like something about Joy Ndidi before they discover that I'm a Public Speaker

what’s the message in that?
I'll tell you...
The message is HUMILTY & SELF DISCOVERY

So many people have lost their Character & humility to their achievement.
They are nowhere to be found, we only see what they do:(
A lot of us get so carried away by our status, achievement & position that we begin to lose OUR OWN SELVES

Don't get me wrong, I’m not saying it’s bad to flaunt your achievement
Its good,
in fact it’s something to be proud of

But wen u have to present ur profession/achievement before presenting your own self, then there's a big ??? About your CHARACTER
this is Because your character is who you really are.

I'm a Lawyer.
I'm a Doctor
A Nurse
I'm an Accountant
i'm an Author
A Public Speaker
An Entertainer
I'm a Senior Marketer
I'm an Executive Director
A Financial controller
A Pastor
A President,
I'm a this... I'm that
HND, MSC, B.SC, PHD, MMS, LLP, Doctor, bla bla bla...

All well and good

But who are you without those qualifications & achievement?

If you were not doing what you do, would people want to associate & relate with you same way they do now?

As you put in so much effort to get more Certs, do you do the same to improve your CHARACTER?

Your Character defines you

Keep your profession & achievement & let us meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment