welcome

welcome
welcome

Friday 21 November 2014

I didn't chicken out. My mom & wife were not comfortable with politics - Julius Agwu


Julius Agwu is still defending his reason for shelving his political ambition and instead concentrating on his career.He told Encomium Mag.

Yes, I have to shelve my governorship ambition after I met with my Ikwerre, Rivers kinsmen who advised me to allow the riverine people of the state to take their turn. My mom, whom I love so much was not happy with the idea. She has this impression that politics is not for decent people. She believes it is a ‘dirty game’ only meant for ‘evil men.’ But that’s not really what politics is all about. Even if it is the case, good people like us have to change this perception. My wife is also not comfortable with my joining politics. It was all of these and the voices of my kinsmen that made me change my mind. I didn’t chicken out! Whether they like it or not, politics is all about negotiation. I, however, don’t owe them any apologies. I know what I want. I know what my people want.

No comments:

Post a Comment